Read Francis Lam's 2010 essay for Salon, "What Biggie Smalls' lyrics taught me about food" and you'll understand why Bedford Avenue restaurant Sweet Chick is honoring Notorious BIG's birthday today.
A day after Slovenia Vodka got a major plug from Bill Murray and David Letterman on the Late Show's penultimate episode, the talk show host resurrected his infamous Taco Bell drive-thru sketch on last night's finale. Watch the video above.
In an essay on Medium, the food writer John DeVore, who took home two James Beard awards this year for a personal essay about Taco Bell that's not really about Taco Bell, reflected on his first five years of sobriety.
The picture splashed on the home page for Marcus Samuelsson's Harlem Eat Up! festival shows a white woman and black man clinking wine glasses in a room full of white faces, and such an imbalance wasn't that far off at dinner Friday night.
About: Joanna Harkins
Posts by Joanna Harkins:
- Old and New NYT Restaurant Critics Converge for One Epic Conversation at NYCWFF, 20 Oct 2013 in NYCWFF 2013
- NYCWFF: David Bouley Doesn’t Use Butter or Cream at Bouley, Somehow Food Still Tastes Good, 20 Oct 2013 in NYCWFF 2013
- Emeril Reflects on Food Network Days, Paula Deen at NYCWFF Times Talks, 20 Oct 2013 in NYCWFF 2013
- NYCWFF: Batali and Symon Teach Us What Real Authenticity Means, 20 Oct 2013 in NYCWFF 2013
- Last Call: Jason Segel Plus Maple Syrup Heist Equals Good Movie Idea, 24 Sep 2013 in Last Call
- 50 Shades Of Grey Wine Is A Thing, This Is Not A Drill, 24 Sep 2013 in LOL
- Julia Child Was The Embodiment of YOLO, In A Classy Way, 24 Sep 2013 in Books
- WATCH: Sean Brock Cooks with Fermented Snails on Mind of a Chef, 24 Sep 2013 in TV
- Breakfast Tweets: Nigella Watches 30 Rock, Big Gay Ice Cream Loves Ozzy, 24 Sep 2013 in Social Media
- Food Porn: Celebrate Stephanie Izard’s Win With Her Beef Heart ‘Gyro’, 07 May 2013 in Food Porn