It's a special moment when you realize another mortal being understands you: your wants, your needs, your desires, and yes, your cravings for breakfast burritos. And we have found that in Jim Gaffigan, thanks to his delightful new book Food: A Love Story. Is this not our own love story, Jim?!
If you've ever wondered what Jamie Oliver looks like singing a Taylor Swift song ... we'd ask you why you would ever wonder that. But now we know, and it's still kind of weird. But the cakes look good!
It's time to face the facts: if you want to open a restaurant that is a) not ginormous, b) not in Las Vegas, and c) does not serve donkey sauce, you are not going to ever be a millionaire. Sorry to disappoint.
It's been a bode for female chefs this month, after Acquavit's Emma Bengtsson landed a second Michelin star for the restaurant. She's only the second female executive chef to have two Michelin stars under her belt (the first being Dominique Crenn in San Francisco). Turns out, Bengtsson almost didn't take the job in the first place. With the wave of her success, it's safe to say now: no more excuses, lady chefs.
About: Marcy Franklin
Posts by Marcy Franklin:
- Ruth Reichl’s Very Honest, Very Moving Views On Being a Woman in Food: ‘Big Women Don’t Get a Pass’, 21 Oct 2014 in Lady Chefs
- WATCH: Wylie Dufresne Talks Rent, Eggs Benedict, 21 Oct 2014 in Restaurant Closings
- Chili’s Cook Is Too Sexy For His Shirt (And His Job), 21 Oct 2014 in Blunders
- 9 Reasons Why Jim Gaffigan Is Our Food Spirit Animal, 20 Oct 2014 in Bragging Rights
- Jamie Oliver and Taylor Swift ‘Bake It Off’, 20 Oct 2014 in LOL
- New Ranking Of Highest-Grossing Restaurants Makes Us Never Want To Be a Restauranteur, 17 Oct 2014 in Business
Grant Achatz is the President
Of EverythingOf the Bocuse D’or, 17 Oct 2014 in Competitions
- The Newest Leading Lady in New York City’s Food Scene, Emma Bengtsson, Almost Didn’t Take The Job, 17 Oct 2014 in Lady Chefs
- Thug Kitchen Cookbook Reaches No. 1 On New York Times Bestseller List, 17 Oct 2014 in Business&Uncategorized
- WATCH: A Conversation Between Massimo Bottura and Wylie Dufresne on All Things Culinary and Challenging, 16 Oct 2014 in Interviews