Read Francis Lam's 2010 essay for Salon, "What Biggie Smalls' lyrics taught me about food" and you'll understand why Bedford Avenue restaurant Sweet Chick is honoring Notorious BIG's birthday today.
A day after Slovenia Vodka got a major plug from Bill Murray and David Letterman on the Late Show's penultimate episode, the talk show host resurrected his infamous Taco Bell drive-thru sketch on last night's finale. Watch the video above.
In an essay on Medium, the food writer John DeVore, who took home two James Beard awards this year for a personal essay about Taco Bell that's not really about Taco Bell, reflected on his first five years of sobriety.
The picture splashed on the home page for Marcus Samuelsson's Harlem Eat Up! festival shows a white woman and black man clinking wine glasses in a room full of white faces, and such an imbalance wasn't that far off at dinner Friday night.
About: Tina Nguyen
Posts by Tina Nguyen:
- WATCH: Gordon Ramsay Tells Terrible Christmas Jokes, 24 Dec 2014 in Holidays
- WATCH: Cinema’s Best Awkward Family Dinners, to Prepare You for Your Own, 24 Dec 2014 in Holidays
- WATCH: Alton Brown Reminds You How to Safely Deep-Fry a Turkey, And Gives Other Tips to Survive Thanksgiving, 26 Nov 2014 in Thanksgiving
- LIST: How to Cover Your Ass If You Haven’t Started Preparing Your Turkey Yet, 25 Nov 2014 in Thanksgiving
- WATCH: Mario Batali Plays Beer Pong with Mike Myers, 01 Aug 2014 in LOL
- Sam Sifton Announced as New Editor of NYT Food Section; Food Section Now Exists, 31 Jul 2014 in Media
- Momofuku Noodle Bar to Celebrate 10 Years of Game Changing with Greatest Hits Menu, 30 Jul 2014 in Birthdays
- Dynasty: Gordon Ramsay’s Daughter Is Getting Her Own Cooking Show, 29 Jul 2014 in The Art Of Celebrity
- WATCH: An Entire Television Episode of Epic Meal Empire, 28 Jul 2014 in The Internet
- Richard Blais Becomes Second Chef This Month to Sell Cat Food, 25 Jul 2014 in Money