Remember the Oven-Cam? Remember the gratuitous references to sci-fi movies? Remember Alton's wonderful, staccato voice explaining how to hard-cook eggs? They're all back. And boy are our inner nerds happy.
Calling it right now: the next K-cup phenomenon, provided this oatmeal one takes off -- which it will, because the American people are apparently obsessed with foods that come out of pods with the assistance of hot water -- will be ramen K-cups.
Chicago NPR Affiliate Filed a Freedom of Information Act To Learn What's in Public School Chicken Nuggets
Monica Eng, of NPR's Chicago affiliate WBEZ has spent the better part of two months trying to get the Chicago Public School system to admit what's in its taxpayer-subsidized school lunch chicken nuggets.
Apparently, lyric videos have taken on a similar production value to real music videos, because Katy Perry's lyric vid for her new single "Birthday" stars both her, and what appears to be a complicated take of scrolling lyrics written across various cake props.
About: Tina Nguyen
Posts by Tina Nguyen:
- Look At These Civil Rights Peeps in the WaPo’s Peeps Diorama Contest, 17 Apr 2014 in Holidays
- WATCH: Aw Yeah, Alton Brown Started A Web Cooking Show, 17 Apr 2014 in The Internet
- Breakfast Links: The Seder Plate Personality Test, 17 Apr 2014 in Breakfast Links
- New York Finally Opens Nightclub For Toddlers, Because Nobody Wants to Actually Be A Parent, 16 Apr 2014 in Trends
- Breakfast Links: It’s A Coffee Kind of Morning, 16 Apr 2014 in Breakfast Links
- Ferran Adria Finally Joins Twitter; Can Tweet in Three Languages, 15 Apr 2014 in Social Media
- Breakfast Links: Michelin Inspectors Judge Top Chef: France, Everybody Flips, 15 Apr 2014 in Breakfast Links
- Your Terrible Dessert of The Day: Viagra Ice Cream (Plus Champagne), 14 Apr 2014 in WTF
- WATCH: Art Meets Dumb Meets Man Stereotypes in This Odd Bourbon Ad, 14 Apr 2014 in Business
- Breakfast Links: The Hound Loves KFC, 11 Apr 2014 in Bragging Rights