It's a special moment when you realize another mortal being understands you: your wants, your needs, your desires, and yes, your cravings for breakfast burritos. And we have found that in Jim Gaffigan, thanks to his delightful new book Food: A Love Story. Is this not our own love story, Jim?!
If you've ever wondered what Jamie Oliver looks like singing a Taylor Swift song ... we'd ask you why you would ever wonder that. But now we know, and it's still kind of weird. But the cakes look good!
It's time to face the facts: if you want to open a restaurant that is a) not ginormous, b) not in Las Vegas, and c) does not serve donkey sauce, you are not going to ever be a millionaire. Sorry to disappoint.
It's been a bode for female chefs this month, after Acquavit's Emma Bengtsson landed a second Michelin star for the restaurant. She's only the second female executive chef to have two Michelin stars under her belt (the first being Dominique Crenn in San Francisco). Turns out, Bengtsson almost didn't take the job in the first place. With the wave of her success, it's safe to say now: no more excuses, lady chefs.
About: Verena von Pfetten
Posts by Verena von Pfetten:
- From Tetrazzini To Tacos, Chefs Share Their Favorite Leftover Recipes, 29 Nov 2013 in Thanksgiving
- Chefs Confess Their Biggest Thanksgiving F*ckups — And How They Fixed Them!, 28 Nov 2013 in Thanksgiving
- Turkey Or Bust: Chefs Reveal Their Thanksgiving Dealbreakers, 28 Nov 2013 in Thanksgiving
- SuperBowl Snacks: Our Ultimate Guide To The Tastiest Takeout In Your City, 01 Feb 2013 in Sports
- Watch Team USA Compete In The Bocuse d’Or Live Right Now!, 30 Jan 2013 in Competitions
- This Is What A Convo Between The Big Gay Ice Cream Truckers And Ottavia Bourdain Looks Like, 25 Jan 2013 in Social Media
- Nigella Calls Bourdain A ‘Liar’, Declares Herself A ‘Pathetic’ Drinker, 21 Jan 2013 in Bragging Rights
- WATCH: Eddie Huang Shines A Spotlight On Traditional Tawainese Breakfast And Cosplay, 21 Jan 2013 in Video
- What Happens When Chrissy Teigen Meets White House Chef Sam Kass, 21 Jan 2013 in The Art Of Celebrity
- Your Morning Tweet: Has Andrew Zimmern Really Forgotten The Great Voltaggio Showdown?, 21 Jan 2013 in Social Media