Obama To Attend $40,000-Per-Plate Fundraiser At NYC’s Nomad
Hip, tasteful President Barack Obama is scheduled to be in Manhattan tonight for a super high-end campaign fundraiser at NoMad. How high end? According to Obama Foodorama, tickets cost $40,000 a head. This cost is standard for most exclusive fundraising presidential campaign events, but for a dinner at a recently-reviewed NYT three-star restaurant, run by 3-starred Michelin chef Daniel Humm and restauranteur Will Guidara? Oh my goodness that is a lot of money. Especially with the knowledge that $40,000 could buy 205 tasting menu dinners (without wine pairings) at Eleven Madison Park.
So what could you get for $40,000 at NoMad?
- 506.3 whole roasted chickens for two, with foie gras, black truffles and brioche
- 1,176.47 suckling pigs
- 5,000 butter-dipped radishes with fleur de sel
- 1,666.66 selections of five Swiss cheeses (about 8,333.33 individual cheeses overall)
- 2,666.7 “Crooked Kilts”: Blended scotch, velvet Falernum green chartreuse, pineapple, and lime Islay scotch-scented mint.
- 2,500 pancakes with blueberries and ricotta
Why did we do this? Mostly because we wanted to see how many butter-dipped radishes we would have to exchange for the privilege of listening to Obama talk for two hours. Admit it. You’ve always wondered.