Orange is the New Black Cookbook to Be Released; 5 More TV Show and Movie Cookbooks We Can’t Believe Exist
No matter how much we love OINTB (and can’t wait to binge-watch it all on June 6), we just don’t really see prison food as “sellable cookbook” material.
Eater shares that it really is official, even listing the show’s creator, Jenji Kohan as an author. Recipes to include “Red’s Chicken Kiev, Miss Claudette’s Coconut Cake, and Prison Punch.” (Frankly, we drink enough shitty wine as it is to not make it in our toilets.) Nevertheless, Salon shares that “the cookbook will feature culinary delights that have been mentioned by the characters, appear in scenes at Litchfield Penitentiary or in flashbacks of the show.” So, not all prison food.
Think Orange is the New Black is the least-appetizing show you can think of? Oh, there’s so much more. A few more of the cookbooks inspired by TV shows and movies that we’re just like, NO TOO MUCH:
1. The Unofficial Hunger Games Cookbook. Killing small children is obviously appetizing, especially when you’re hanging out in the capitol, right?
2. Love at First Bite: The Unofficial Twilight Cookbook. Vampires? Why? What exactly do vampires eat? Do they only drink blood? (We’re vampire ignorant, please forgive us.)
3. True Blood Drinks & Bites. See above. (But see what they did there, with the “bites?”)
4. Wookiee Cookies: A Star Wars Cookbook. But, why?
5. Cooking with Friends. Oh wait, THAT ONE IS PURE GENIUS. We mean, Monica was a chef and all! (Who didn’t want to try that salmon mousse? Oh right, Joey.)