Rene Redzepi Releases Final All-Star Chef Seminar Lineup At MAD Symposium
With two days to go until the event, Rene Redzepi’s MAD Symposium has finally released the program for the 2012 conference, and dear lord there are a ton of really great speakers scheduled — many of whom you’ll recognize.
This weekend’s two-day symposium, which Redzepi calls an “open, collaborative forum dedicated to the changing role of the chef” will host chefs giving seminars that sound like book titles, a selection of which you’ll find below:
- Dan Barber: ”The Scent of Wheat”
- Shinichiro Takagi: ”Asking the Winds And The Seasons”
- Ferran Adria: “Do I Have An Appetite For Creativity?”
- Mission Chinese Food (which we assume means Danny Bowien): “The Audacity of Hope…and Szechuan Peppercorn”
- Wylie Dufresne: “An Appetite For Knowledge”
- Fergus Henderson and Trevor Gulliver: “Appetite? Ah, Hm — Yes”
- Roderick Sloan: “Appetite: The Lone Wolf” (we have a winner for best named seminar, folks)
These books can be found in your local library, if your local library were actually a giant conference center in Copenhagen and the books were actually seminars.
Videos from last year’s MAD Symposium can be found here.